Sunday 30 December 2012

A trip to Brighton Nov 2012

In November I went to Brighton for a night and day. Due to the constant rain I didn't see as much of the sea as I would have liked but the dates we picked were coincidentally, the same weekend that Made 12 was being held at the Corn Exchange. It was £6 to get in- a price I still consider to be high for what is a essentially a market and would probably put off a lot of potential customers but we paid and were not disappointed. There was less paper goods than you'd usually expect but I am guessing that this must have been partly due to the cost of the stands. There were lots of jewellery designers including Ros Millar from who I picked up a beautiful nugget necklace. There was nice prints and textile work from the likes of Lucy Alice Porter and some unusual ceramics from the love Alice Walton Ceramics. Teresa Green had some really naive illustrations that she applied to tea towels, cards and bags and finally Asintended had great screen printed calenders and notebooks.

Wandered round the wet streets afterwards we also stumbled across Unlimited Editions. A great little space that had a studio in the back where they ran the design agency/service from and the retail space at the front (the DREAM!!). Here I picked up a great Fairisle hat card by Hello Marine and later in the day I got another card (I can't help myself!) from Freya Art.


























No comments:

Post a Comment