Wednesday 28 March 2012

Pick Me Up at Somerset House.. Round 3

On Monday I visited Somerset House and the 3rd year of the Pick Me Up exhibition. Its always my favourite and well worth a look so I make sure I get myself down there, usually adding to my ever increasing print collection. This year was not a disappointment!! The exhibition bases itself around 20 international up and coming illustrators and graphic artists. My favourites of these are pictured below but Jon McNaught was the one that really stood out for me with his wildlife guides and Sarah Maycock's animal illustrations and paintings were also very beautiful!











There are collectives, studios and agencies that create mini exhibitions and shops around the remaining space. Some even bring their printing in-house for the 10 days (like the brilliant Print Club London). Again highlights for me included the selection at Many Hands and also YCN. I also managed to have a quick chat with one of the guys from Puck Studios who had some fresh Gocco Prints so I quizzed him on where he got his supplies. Japan! So not the hidden UK destination I was hoping for but useful info all the same!! Certainly made me want to go home and get printing on mine!!
























Although it was getting dark we did pop out to see the courtyard of flowers and it was lovely, however they somehow seemed a little sad - like they were weeping!




Of course I didn't go home empty handed... I got a cute little owl print (I'm not quite sure where it was from) and then some stationery based wrapping paper (amazing!) from Jamie Brown at YCN. These will sit along side my prints from the previous 2 years nicely!









No comments:

Post a Comment