Sunday 4 March 2012

A parcel from Tony

Many many months ago (in fact about 2 years) whilst sat in a pub on a boozy Friday night I had a conversation with my friend Tony. I'm not even sure how it started but it ended with me telling him about my love of post and letters and he took my address on a scrap of paper promising to send me a parcel. Recently I found out that he was still carrying that scrap of paper around with him and yet I still was not expecting to get back to London this rainy Sunday to find a package addressed to me. It has put a very big smile on my face and reminded me how nice an unexpected piece of post can be. I would have been happy with a letter but he actually sent me a Newcastle T-shirt from the brilliant Electrik Sheep collection. I love it. Best surprise I've had in ages so big THANKS Tony. Whoever is reading this... why don't you send someone you know some unexpected post and make them smile too!

No comments:

Post a Comment