Saturday 5 November 2011

Its been a while...

Life and the day job have annoyingly got in the way of me posting lately so I apologise for it being so long since my last. I have not only not been missing out on posts but have also been building up a pile of books and magazines that I haven't had a chance to look at yet so I'm looking forward to rectifying both of these this weekend. It was my birthday a few weeks ago and I was lucky enough to be given lots of lovely books and also selected a few myself. Working my way down the pile.....I can highly recommend all of them from the little I have already seen!

The Little Book of Letterpress (Chronicle Books)- is what it says on the tin. Featuring loads and loads of stationery and letterpress brands from all over the world, I am sure as I work my way though it that the names within will pop up in future posts.

Print & Pattern 2 (Laurence King)- a follow up to the 1st book with prints and patterns from illustrators and companies.

The Gift by Carol Ann Duffy and Rob Ryan (Barefoot Books)- For those that know me this is old news but I have been a Rob Ryan fan for a long time and always enjoy the combination of his amazing paper cuts and a story. A cuppa and a comfy armchair are calling me.

Cutting Edges (Gestalten)- I have been wanting to get this book for absolutely ages. A review of contemporary collage- I hope its going to be very inspirational and quite frankly Gestalten can do no wrong in my eyes. Their books are always brilliant for content and layout and it's definitely worth signing up to their mailing list to hear about new releases.

Elle Magazine- Really needs no introduction but I got a years subscription from the lovely ladies at work and received the first issue this week. Definitely one of the best fashion mags around.

Uppercase Magazine - an amazing mag I got in San Fran that I still haven't spent enough time exploring. More info to come in a later post.

Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney (Artisan Books)- I love interior design and would like to one day have my own place that I can put some of my ideas into action however, in London, this might have to involve some sort of lottery win. I am always collecting pics of inspiring places, rooms and furniture and this books contains lots of these from the creator of Design Sponge.

Christian Louboutin (Rizzoli) - Along with the house, after the lottery win, I would have to invest in a couple of pairs of Louboutin shoes.... I mean it would be rude not to and until then I will just have to look at the beautiful pictures of them included in this book. Another lovely gift - I better get reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment