Sunday 14 July 2013

A delayed response to Pick Me Up 2013

It's so beyond late to be writing about Pick Me Up 2013 that was in April but I'm trying to catch up with myself and it was, as usual a really great exhibition with some big talent. My only concern for the show is that it might start to become a bit predictable and repetitive but fingers crossed this won't happen and I am sure it wouldn't stop me going. This year it was really nice to see illustrators and designers move towards more 3D creations like wall hangings and sculptures (if thats the right word) rather than just screen prints etc.

These are my highlights of the new talent and galleries within...


Sarah Vanbelle






Ping Zhu





Daniel Frost






Damien Florebert Cuypers




The SOMA Gallery from Bristol had a great selection. My particular favourite was the long portrait pieces by Peskimo.



















































There were some nice Illustrators that are part of Day Job, specifically Charlene Man.








































And a few more (each named)....






































My advice for anyone going in 2014, get there early as it now gets VERY busy and lets hope it doesn't take quite so long next year to do a write up for those that cant make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment