Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday morning at Galaxy Wholesalers

A friend of mine who knows my love of stationery recommended a place to me called Galaxy Wholesale just off Holloway Road some time ago and it's been on my list of things to do ever since. She hadn't said a huge amount about it except that there was a massive selection so I wasn't sure what to expect. I headed off to meet a friend for some brunch at Le Peche Mignon, before wandering up Benwell Road. You'd walk past it easily thinking it was just some boring office block but on closer look there are printed signs all over the door, including one saying 'No under 18's allowed in'. The place seemed to go on forever and we slowly moved up and down each aisle, becoming increasingly amused by the wide and random range of products they stock. They obviously sell wholesale and you can imagine that this is where your local corner shop comes and stocks up but they do have art/craft supplies to buy individually too. I left empty handed but I wish I had known about this place during my art foundation and if I ever have kids I am coming back to bulk buy the party bag contents. It seems that this place might also be where bad greetings cards come to die (Happy 30th birthday. A TV license in 1982 cost £46??!!) but be warned.. the returns policy is quite strict!






















No comments:

Post a Comment