Thursday 24 January 2013

Quilting

After 2+ years of wanting to make my own quilt and never quite finding time I asked my mum to donate man hours, not money for my birthday and make it for me. I would find the fabric I said and she could just construct it. I was well aware it wouldn't be easy and pre-warned her that she would be cursing me from the beginning of the project. 3 months later and I am only just starting to get the fabrics together that I want her to use. Imagine how long it would take if I also had to sew the thing! Obviously I began with some research into the type of quilt I'd like and these are some of my favourites and the fabrics (so far). I started at Liberty's and have been back about 10 times. This is already a labour of love and she hasn't even started yet but I am sure it will be worth it in the end, just in time for summer! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment